Monday, September 5, 2011

Chicken Piccata Pasta Recipe

I got to make this recipe for my extended family last night and I was happy with the result of it. I can't make this with just my little family, they won't eat it. But, I love it. Although, I noticed some of them actually ate some. Hmmm. I'm thankful for special occasions that allow me to cook this and many other recipes that I normally can't make. Picky eaters, I'm cursed, but blessed.

Chicken Piccata Pasta

2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 T. olive oil, divided
1 1/2 T. lemon pepper
3 cans of chicken broth
2/3 c. onions, chopped
12 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta
1 lemon
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1/4 c. capers, drained (near the olives in most stores)
chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

In mixing bowl, combine 1 T. olive oil, lemon pepper and chicken. Toss to coat. heat remaining oil in large, deep skillet over med/high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 min. or until chicken is golden brown and is cooked all the way through. Take the chicken out and set aside. In a med/large saucepan bring to boil the broth. Add onions to skillet until fragrant, slowly add broth and uncooked pasta to skillet; cook uncovered, 7-8 min. or until pasta is tender. Stirring occasionally. Zest lemon 1 T.  and juice the lemon for 2 T. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is equally distributed. Add chicken and artichokes. Cook covered, 1-2 min. or until heated through. Remove skillet from heat, stir in capers and garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...