Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Now I Know...

Now I know how my folks felt when I turned 16 and could drive a car. I remember being sent to the store for this or on a errand for that and I didn't mind because I thought driving was fun and I could listen to the radio as loud as I wanted it. Well, I have had that experience turned this week. I'm now the one sending my sons to take someone to this or pick up someone from that and even running errands like recycling the newspapers at the local school. Wow! I never thought it could feel like this. It felt good to get things done, like recycling the newspapers that were spilling over, and I don't have to go anywhere, I can send my boys and they don't mind because they get to drive but not listening to the radio because it doesn't have one. Ha Ha! But still, I think I'm going to like this. I find myself relaxing when I see my board and the places my kids need to be and I  know I have someone else that can take someone somewhere. There are less conflicts. We bought the kids a 1998 Honda Civic, didn't cost very much, but it works. It's a stick shift, so the kids had to learn all over again how to drive, but practice, trial and error makes them more confident in themselves when they accomplished it. They are already driving themselves to school and to places like the orthodontists. Makes my life that much more relaxed. Now I know how my folks felt when I could finally drive. Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...