Monday, October 15, 2012

A Life With No Regrets

One day we will take that unavoidable step and cross from this mortal sphere into the next estate. One day we will look back at our lives and wonder if we could have been better, made better decisions, or used our time more wisely.To avoid some of the deepest regrets of life, it would be wise to make some resolutions today. Therefore, let us:
  1. Resolve to spend more time with those we love.
  2. Resolve to strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be.
  3. Resolve to find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Loved this talk!
We must also be willing to mend the wrongs in our lives as much as it is possible. I know I haven't been perfect, but, who is, that doesn't mean we can't apologize and right the wrongs we have been part of, even if it's to wipe it from our own slate. Sometimes we say something when we shouldn't, some things are better left unsaid. My feelings are that the past is the past and we should leave it there. We need to apologize and then be willing to forgive and forget. I want to apologize and say I'm sorry to anyone I might have offended. Truly, I do regret saying anything that has hurt others feelings and securities. Sometimes I wear my bad heart feelings on my sleeve. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock and take back what I have said many times, but, the past can't be rewritten, the past is gone. But, I can try to fix it. I am trying to fix my wrongs before my life ends. We don't know when our last day will be, but, I plan on being ready. A life with no regrets.

I love my parents-all of them :), wish I could have been there for you more, especially during your darkest moments and challenges you faced and some of you still are facing. Wished I knew what to do to help more. I felt held back and I should have been there regardless. Love you so much. My mom is my inspiration and my someone to depend on, teaching me everything I needed, my Mother and Father-in-law an inspiration in which I would model my own family after, between the two I'm a better person for it. For David who was the one who loved my mother and treated her the way she deserved and the gateway to happiness unknown meaning introducing the Church to me and my mother and eventually joining the Church. This was the beginning of all blessings. To all my other dads before David, you played a huge part and words can't express how much I loved you. I look forward to seeing you on the other side. I feel your presence all the time.

I love my brother - my hero and inspiration all the time, my 1st reason to turn around and live my life the way I was meant to. Christina my oldest daughter was my second reason. She gave me the push I needed the most. I'm still rooting for your life to turn around, wish I knew how I could help you more. My regret today is maybe you would have had more of a chance if I had given you up for an adoption. It would have killed me but, even though I had the impressions then to keep you, I should have listened more to reason and to those who knew best. For that I'm sorry. At this point not sure I can say anymore than that.

I love my husband Ron and My Children - I couldn't ask for anything more, you make all my wishes and dreams come true. I feel privileged to learn and grow--to take this journey with you. Times are not always perfect but, we manage and I'm so happy to be part of you. I just want you to be happy and successful in not only your physical life but your spiritual life. We can do this together. I look forward to it.

To my husband's family- I love you guys so much, I just want to squeeze you. Most of you were little children when I first met you. You made me feel special and loved.  I feel like I was the luckiest person watching you all grow, becoming who you are today--extraordinary, awesome, good people. If I feel anything today, it's sorrow that I don't get to be part of your life as we had it. You were such a big part of my life when Ron and I were dating and got married. Some of us live close by and still we don't spend the time to visit and have fun. We are all so very busy and I think I regret this the most. I was so excited when some of you moved closer thinking we could do this and do that together, but, things didn't go that way for some reason. For others, I felt jealousy when you made time for your side of the family, I felt left out. So I'm sorry that I expressed that out loud and so publicly. Felt like I wanted you to know the reason behind it. To all of you, I'm so proud to be part of a wonderful, awesome family. Let's stay close.

I love all my Ward families (past and present)- you inspire me and make me want to be a better person. I look forward to every Sunday and to every activity just to be with you. Best of all you are also my neighbors in a great community, in a great State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...