Monday, February 7, 2011

All In The Family

Last night I had our February Family dinner. It was a Valentine theme. I thought it went really well, we had a house full, but it was great. I love visiting with family. You can check out my recipes I used for the dinner on my other blog Busy in the Kitchen. It made me happy to hear they liked the dinner and wanted the recipe. I had worked hard on it not knowing how it would be favored, but I ended with a happy face by the end of the night. Thanks, you guys are the best.

We had Grandma Shapiro give us a Family Home Evening on having a Happy Home. I thought she did great considering how many kids we had trying to be quiet. :)   She asked them what a a plant, a baby and Kaiya (our puppy) needed to be cared for properly, asked them what makes a good mom, dad, brother or sister. They were good questions for all of us to think about. She touched on what makes a family a great family.That they play, work and love and help one another.  I thought the kids gave great answers. Some were pretty funny.

I would like to add that "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." This includes spending quality time with their spouse and children (which Ron does so perfectly), they spend time teaching their children skills (Ron had Brandon fix the bathroom toilet and Jonathon helped install a new kitchen sink faucet this past Saturday, this is awesome). "Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners." Again, I think Ron does this nicely. He washes the dishes on Sundays, usually and he always makes up his side of the bed. Always clean and organized and helps with the kids. I love that he spends time with each of them playing games or what have ya. He helps them clean their rooms, showing them how to do it correctly. So grateful to have him and my children, they are the best. Danielle, Dallon and Kaydon had helped me with the potatoes and she helped with putting up the decorations. She is so sweet.

It was a fun evening with the family and I love them so much. So glad Uncle Dale, Carry, Jared, Meghan and their kids came. I miss having them around. Meghan makes me feel like I can be my goof off self. The same for Ellen, I don't have to be so serious all the time. I was so happy to have my own brother there with us too. It seemed complete for some reason, can't wait to add my own parents to the fun when they move here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...