For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet reads:
Being part of a family is a great blessing. Your family can provide you with companionship and happiness, help you learn correct principles in a loving atmosphere, and help you prepare for eternal life. Not all families are the same, but each is important in Heavenly Father's plan.
Here are a few areas we can raise the bar in our family units:
Do your part to build a happy home by:
* Being cheerful
* Considerate of others
Many problems in the home are created because family members speak and act selfishly or unkindly. We need to:
* Concern ourselves with the needs of other family members.* Seek to be a peacemaker, rather than tease,fight, and quarrel. (Read--Ephesians 4:31-32 and Mosiah 4:13-15 --I thought these scriptures went well with the what was being said here)
Remember that the family is the most sacred unit of the Church. That is why Satan tries so hard to separate and divide families. He wants to destroy our joy and our eternal goal to be together forever. But we can't allow him to do it.
To continue we can and should:
* Honor our parents by showing love and respect for them
* and by being obedient
* Be willing to help in the home with chores that need to be done.
* Participate in family activities and traditions, including family prayer,family home evenings, and family scripture reading. These traditions strengthen and unify families.
*Strengthen your relationships with your brothers and sisters. They can become your closest friends.
* Support them in their interests
* and help them with problems they may be facing.
* have wholesome recreation activities that cost no or have little cost,and do more service projects together
We need to strive to protect our families, we need to clothe them with the armor of unity and love that only can come from family members and armor of the gospel the Lord himself gave us. He was our example of how we should treat one another. Families are important. We need to raise the bar to become our fullest potential.
What kind of things have your family done to raise the bar? What do you do to strengthen and protect?
Choose the Right