Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Agenda

Well, it's here again, summertime, school's out and kids frolic and play until they can't anymore. So what's in store this summer? Good question, the kids think they want to play on their gadgets all summer, yeah right, like that's happening, not. I don't want potatoes for kids, it's okay to do that, sit around and do those types of activities that mean sitting and doing nothing like watching movies, playing anytype of game machine or kindles, etc. but, come on, let's get creative, let's get active and really play and enjoy the summertime. So, that's why children have mothers, to help them have the fun we know they can. And let's face it it's fun to have fun all the time but, we don't want them to lose what they have already learned. There needs to be balance in a day. So, here is what we or should I say I'm planning:

Sleep in a little
Family Prayer and Scripture Study
Breakfast/Chores
Exercise
Playtime (yes with the evil gadgets and gaming type machines)
Study School Subjects (English, Math, Keyboarding, Writing and even Geography)
Summer Chores (yard work, they are all in charge of a part of the yard for the whole summer)
Playtime (more vegging around)
Dinner and Being Helpful (the kids are in charge of making their own dinner during the summer with my help)
Family Time
Family Prayer
Bedtime Reading with Kaydon and others who join us

Certain days are going to have other activities added to it:

* Mon. --Swimming at the Helgesen"s pool (we are so grateful for her service of allowing the kids in the neighborhood to come and swim for a time)

* NO TECH TUESDAYS-that's right no gadgets allowed for play, no gaming machines, etc. (last summer we did a whole month without, the kids thought they were going to die, so I thought I would lighten a little although they are still foaming at the mouth at this suggestion (thanks Ron for the suggestion)

* Day of Service - I bought those yellow Mormon Helping Hands shirts thinking that would motivate and add some fun. I'm trying to stay positive so I won't mention my true feelings of what my kids are going to say. Anyone is welcome to join us on these adventures and my kids thank you up front. I will be adding our service adventures on Facebook the day before so stay tuned. I have a few extra shirts, but, maybe everyone could buy one too. For less than $4, you can find them on the LDS.org store page. 

* Vacation, Cub Day Camp, Trek, Father & Son Adventures are among some fun to add to summertime.

Just get out there and play with your friends, do something active. They want to plan their own ways to be active but I have a few up my sleeve if they forget.

This should be fun, again I'm trying to be optimistic about this whole thing. Trying to figure out my own solace moments, I've come to love my time with the scriptures uninterrupted. Here's hoping this summer can be fun for all of us including mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...